Today’s guest is Adam Pollard AKA Multiplier, who is a DJ, music producer, and educator. He also runs an excellent youtube channel which offers up a bunch of music production tutorials, tips, and tricks.
Multiplier knows a lot about making music using some of the best music production tools around. In this episode, he was kind enough to walk through some of his favorites, and give some solid music production advice on things like compression, EQ, and more.
The audio tip of the week is about music theory. Of course you don’t need to be a music theory expert to get great sound, but knowing a bit of theory can go a long way no matter what kind of music you’re making, or if you’re mixing, songwriting, or producing. There are quite a few helpful music theory resources out there to teach you the basics… so there’s no reason you shouldn’t take advantage. Making better music is about continual improvement, learning some theory is a great opportunity!
What You’ll Learn in This Episode:
- Audio tip of the week: Learning music theory can help you when producing, mixing, or songwriting.
- Why Ableton is Multiplier’s DAW of choice.
- The difference between closed back and open back headphones (and why open back headphones rule).
- What tools can help you make excellent music… even if you aren’t a classically trained musician.
- Why Serum is one of the most powerful music production tools out there.
Featured on the Show:
- Introduction to Music Theory – Free Course on EdX
- Serum – Advanced Wavetable Synthesizer
- Ableton Live – Digital Audio Workstation
- Connect with Multiplier: YouTube
- Connect with the Show: Website | YouTube
- Audioblocks – Get access to a library of royalty-free audio, video, and image files with membership!
Don’t miss an episode – subscribe to the AudioSkills Podcast!
Not Sure The Best Way To Get Started?
Here are some of my best resources to help you get started FAST...
=== Watch & Listen ===
- Step #1 - Listen to The AudioSkills Podcast for actionable tips you can immediately apply to your music
- Step #2 - Subscribe to my YouTube channel for new tutorials on mixing, mastering & music production
=== The Essentials (Everything You Need To Get Started) ===
Free Guides: 121 Mixing Tips 'n' Tricks | 47 EQ Tips 'n' Tricks | 47 Compression Tips 'n' Tricks | EQ Cheat Sheet | Compression Cheat Sheet | Home Recording Cheat Sheet | Mastering Cheat Sheet | Music Production Cheat Sheet | Top 20 DAWs
=== Go Even Deeper With Premium Video Courses ===
- Art of Home Recording [Instant Download]
- Art of Mixing Vocals [Instant Download]
- Music Production Crash Course [Instant Download]
- Ultimate Mixing Crash Course [Instant Download]
~~~ "Just Give Me Everything, Please!" ~~~
Get instant access to ALL of the video courses (plus a whole lot more) with a Free 14 Day Trial to AudioSkills. You'll be joining a private, friendly community of musicians and producers who are upping their game, just like you!
Personal Note: Thank you for being a member of the AudioSkills community! If there's anything you need, please don't hesitate to get in touch with me on Facebook. — Scott Hawksworth, Founder