Too many people think capturing quality recordings and making great sounding mixes is incredibly difficult to impossible. This is simply not true! In fact, Scott’s guest this week has built a whole site and YouTube following around making the process of learning home recording and mixing simple. David Vignola is the founder of Home Recording Made Easy, which is an excellent site with tutorials and audio information. It’s especially great for beginners!
On today’s show Scott and David go over the essentials of recording and mixing. Whether you’re a beginner, or someone just looking for a new perspective, there are loads of great tidbits covered in this episode. Making mixing and home recording “easy” on yourself is simpler to do than many people think. It’s all about using the right techniques and having the right approach and attitude when you’re recording and mixing music.
David was also kind enough to GIVE AWAY an excellent mixing course he created. Get instant access to Mixing Made Easy Volume 1 by clicking here.
The audio tip of the week is all about how organization is a critical component to success. Whether you’re recording/mixing for yourself, or taking on clients… being smart about how your projects are laid out, organized, and more can make a huge difference. Scott gives some suggestions for the types of things you can do to get more organized (for example, deciding on a file name convention and actually STICKING to that).
What You’ll Learn in This Episode:
- Audio tip of the week: organization is the key to success.
- Excellent tips for beginners from selecting a DAW, to getting that first recording done.
- The best piece of recording and mixing advice from David Vignola.
- How to get the best results with compression and “get it right” on the first try.
- Advice for improving your workflow, and being a more effective mixer and recording engineer at home.
- The biggest mistake beginners make (and how to avoid it).
Featured on the Show:
- David Vignola’s “Mixing Made Easy Volume 1”: Click here to get this awesome mixing course FOR FREE.
- Connect with David: YouTube | Twitter
- Connect with the Show: Website | YouTube
Don’t miss an episode – subscribe to the AudioSkills Podcast!
Not Sure The Best Way To Get Started?
Here are some of my best resources to help you get started FAST...
=== Watch & Listen ===
- Step #1 - Listen to The AudioSkills Podcast for actionable tips you can immediately apply to your music
- Step #2 - Subscribe to my YouTube channel for new tutorials on mixing, mastering & music production
=== The Essentials (Everything You Need To Get Started) ===
Free Guides: 121 Mixing Tips 'n' Tricks | 47 EQ Tips 'n' Tricks | 47 Compression Tips 'n' Tricks | EQ Cheat Sheet | Compression Cheat Sheet | Home Recording Cheat Sheet | Mastering Cheat Sheet | Music Production Cheat Sheet | Top 20 DAWs
=== Go Even Deeper With Premium Video Courses ===
- Art of Home Recording [Instant Download]
- Art of Mixing Vocals [Instant Download]
- Music Production Crash Course [Instant Download]
- Ultimate Mixing Crash Course [Instant Download]
~~~ "Just Give Me Everything, Please!" ~~~
Get instant access to ALL of the video courses (plus a whole lot more) with a Free 14 Day Trial to AudioSkills. You'll be joining a private, friendly community of musicians and producers who are upping their game, just like you!
Personal Note: Thank you for being a member of the AudioSkills community! If there's anything you need, please don't hesitate to get in touch with me on Facebook. — Scott Hawksworth, Founder