The Art of Compression
Learn How To Use Compression To Create Quality Mixes With Great Tone, Energy, Shape, And Glue.
Instant Download. You will receive download instructions by email immediately after purchase.
Here's What You'll Learn:
- The essential techniques needed to create a quality mix using compression (with intention!)
- How to listen to and evaluate a mix critically to determine your goals with compression
- How dial in compressor settings, including optimal attack and release times, to achieve your goals
- Shape and enhance the detail, aggression, or low end of the mix
- Control the dynamics and characteristics of the audio signal using multiband compression, series compression, and de-essing
- Create "glue" amongst tracks to make your mix tighter and more cohesive
- How to give your tracks, and entire mix, more punch and energy with compression
- Enhance the attack or sustain of an instrument with simple techniques
- Mold the tone, character, and blend of a mix using different compression techniques, including parallel compression
- A roadmap to create radio ready mixes using compression!
A New Way To Learn Compression!
AudioSkills Student Success Stories:
“Huge thanks to Scott Hawksworth for putting this together and making this all possible... I've heard such an improvement in my mixes so far and I feel like every mix is a little better than the last.”
– Splash Gordon, Producer and Engineer
“AudioSkills provides clear and precise tutorials that are easy to follow. I was hoping the instructions wouldn’t be too technical... I like what I see.”
– Steve Zemba, Guitarist
“Scott and the team at AudioSkills have increased my ability to pay attention to my mixing more in depth... I strongly recommend purchasing from these guys. Getting valuable information is priceless!”
– Dennis Prosser, EDM Producer
“First off, thank you so much for everything you are doing. I've recently received your mixing crash course and mixing vocals course and they have both been a huge help. Also, my 5 month old little girl loves to watch these with me!”
– Caleb Harmon, Drummer
AudioSkills Has Been Featured On...
If You Want A Compression Roadmap To Get Better Sound From Your Mixes, Then This Is The Course For You!
You'll learn the fundamentals of compression, including how to use it effectively in your mixes
You'll discover the best types of compressors to use to create better tone, sustain, and detail in your tracks
You'll learn key techniques for using multiband compression, series compression, and parallel compression in a mix
You'll get step by step instruction on compression to get better sound in any DAW, for any style of music
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
I am confident that you'll love this course.
If you're not 100% satisfied, let me know within 60 days and you will be issued a full refund. No questions asked!
You either get the results you want, or you get your money back. It's as simple as that!
Frequently Asked Questions
What happens after I buy? How long will it take to get access?
After your purchase, you will receive instant access to the course via email. Just click on the download link(s) in the email, and you can download the video files to your hard drive.
Will this video course be useful to me no matter what kind of music I make?
Absolutely! It doesn’t matter what kind of music you make (pop, hip-hop, rock, EDM, bluegrass, etc.) The techniques and systems shown in this video course are universal, and effective for any kind of music!
Do I need to use specific software (such as Logic Pro) to follow along with this course?
No! The techniques in this course can be applied within any DAW, including Pro Tools, Logic, GarageBand, Audacity, Studio One, Ableton, Cubase, Reaper, and other similar DAWs.
Is there a guarantee?
Yes! All of our courses come with a 60-day “No Questions Asked” guarantee. If you aren’t 100% happy with the course, let us know and we will give you your money back. You either get the results you want, or you get your money back. Simple as that!
About The Instructor
Kendal Osborne is a guitarist, producer, and audio engineer based out of Tulsa, Oklahoma. Since 2007, he has run The Closet Studios, a professional recording studio.
He's also host of the tremendously popular Recording Lounge Podcast. Kendal's passion for all things audio shines through in his informative and engaging teaching style.
He's thrilled to share his techniques and advice with the AudioSkills community!